Presented by Diane Clayton, LCSW
8/11/2014 to 8/15/2014
Truth in Love Counseling, LLC
706 E Oglesby
Normal, Illinois 61761
Diane Clayton, LCSW
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Course Learning Objectives (40 CE credits + 10 hrs consultation)
- Learn the EMDRIA definition of EMDR.
- Learn the history and background of EMDR.
- Learn the efficiency of EMDR through research.
- Learn to assess the appropriateness of when to use EMDR.
- Develop skills in using all phases of the EMDR protocol.
- Learn to create a safe environment for disclosing traumatic events
- Learn how to target events to be processed with EMDR including life schemas
- Learn client selection criteria and ethical cautions necessary for safe use of EMDR.
- Introduction to special protocols: anxiety
- recent events
- phobias and single traumatic events
- illness and somatic disorders.
- Introduction working with specific populations:
- sexual abuse victims
- combat veterans
- complex PTSD
- Learn how to identify dissociative disorders and appropriateness in using EMDR with this population.
the cognitive interweave techniques for addressing problems with
looping,resistance, and other problems that arise in processing painful
- Acquire proficiency in the eight-phase protocol, with the three-prong approach of the past, present and future.
required by EMDRIA, the professional organization of EMDR, the course
will include a minimum of 20 hrs of didactic presentation, 20 hrs of
supervised practice and *10 hrs of consultation for on-going practice.
At the end of the consultation, the student will receive a certificate
*Consultation hours can be achieved through group, phone or webcam consultation.
Cost of the group case consultation (10 hrs) is included in the basic training fees.
Registration Deadline: July 14, 2014
To register or for more information, visit www.emdrtrainer.com.