Weekend One: November 6-8, 2015
Weekend Two: Date to be determined
Every EMDR Basic Training and every trainer has a different flavor. In all basic trainings, the focus is on teaching the 8 Phases and 3 Prongs of the EMDR Protocol. In addition this training includes practical tools that can be used immediately to assist the new EMDR therapist with a variety of clients, from simple to complex. The tools will also help trainees manage the practical experience so that it is positive and supportive. The goal is to teach, model and practice effective containment and regulation skills. Basic Training is the best time to teach the clinician to fit how they are applying the Standard Protocol to the client's needs and capacities. The trainers will be modeling and trainees will be practicing the skills needed to stay within the Window of Tolerance while reprocessing. These skills will help a wider range of clients successfully process with EMDR.
Consultation is included in the price of our training and is an opportunity to solidify and expand the understanding of EMDR Therapy.
- Understand the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) Model
- Understand how to appropriately screen & prepare clients for EMDR therapy
- Be able to identify client's core issues & develop an EMDR treatment plan to address them
- Understand & be able to apply the standard 8 phase 3 prong EMDR protocol
- Understand how to begin integrating the AIP & EMDR therapy into one's clinical practice
- Identify the origins of EMDR and the possible mechanisms of action
- Identify the 3 informational plateaus in re Positive and Negative Cognitions
- Understand preparation for EMDR including the role of State Change Strategies
- Understand the use of EMDR with Recent Events
- Use Resourcing to strengthen adaptive neural networks
- Evaluate clients readiness for EMDR
To register or for more information contact Gary Scarborough Gary.D.Scarborough@gmail.com
Reviewers Have Said: “A joy to review.” “Easy to read with multiple practical examples.”
About the Presenters...
Jill Archer, MS, NCC, LIMHP is an experienced EMDR clinician, consultant, and trainer, with EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Training as well as "Basics of EMDR with Children and Adolescents". She has been the EMDRIA Peer Study Group Coordinator in Omaha since 2012 and the EMDR Nebraska Regional Network Coordinator since 2014. She completed EMDR training in 2004 and has used it with children, adolescents and adults. Jill draws on attachment theory, ego state therapy, play therapy, filial therapy and other approaches to support a rich therapeutic process. Jill was Coordinator of the University of Nebraska at Omaha Community Counseling Clinic from 2000-2003 and has worked in private practice since 2003.
Gary Scarborough, MEd, LPC, LIMHP has over 20 years as a Therapist and has been using EMDR since 2002. He has put EMDR into use extensively in a play therapy environment with ‘littles’, children 12 and under primarily, as well as with adolescents, adults and clients diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness. Gary has worked in a wide variety of environments: private practice, community mental health agency, human service settings, court referred clients, school based, and day treatment, the majority in rural environments. He has extensive experience with EMDR Basic Training. As well, in conjunction with Jill, developed the curriculum and taught “Basics of EMDR with Children and Adolescents”. Gary also has taught the Integrative Group Treatment Protocol (IGTP or Butterfly Hug Protocol) and the Protocol for Recent Critical Incidents (PRECI).