Weekend 1: April 27-29, 2016
Weekend 2: June 8-10, 2016
All training days are 8:30am-4:30pm
This training includes 6 days of training, 10 hours of consultation, and 40 Continuing Education Units for Psychologists, Social Workers, Licensed Clinician Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, and Advanced Practice RNs.
A Basic Training Certificate will be provided following full completion of:
- Full attendance at all 6 days of training
- Participation in all onsite practicums
- Each attendee must attend five 2-hour group consultations in addition to the training sessions. Group consultations are conducted by a video conference call. An access link will be emailed to you along with instructions for first time users.
Things to Consider
- Participants will learn the EMDR psychotherapy approach, the basic eight-phase EMDR protocol, the Adaptive Information Processing Model, and how to incorporate EMDR into your practice.
- This course will consist of didactic presentations, demonstrations, interactive participation, supervised practicum, and case consultations.
- Participants are highly encouraged (but not required) to read the following in advance:
- “Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic principles, protocols, and procedures, 2nd Edition”, by Francine Shapiro, PhD, EMDR Therapy originator.
- Participants must attend the full training and attend five 2-hour consultation groups to receive a certificate of completion in EMDR Basic Training. If other dates or times are needed to make up for the consultation hours, attendees can either schedule separate consultation time with the trainer (or any EMDRIA approved Consultant with prior approval of the trainer) at the attendee's cost.
Participants are asked to be prepared during group consultation to discuss cases in which you are utilizing EMDR Therapy and provide fruitful feedback to participants.
About the Trainer: Carrie Ann Carr, MA, LCPC, is an EMDRIA Approved Consultant and Trainer. She has a successful private practice and training facility in Palos Heights, IL and Olive Branch, MS, and specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders, PTSD, and performance enhancement for business owners and athletes. She has spoken national on the topics of EMDR, mindfulness, and working with trauma and anxiety disorders.
Attendance at the entire program is required for continuing education units. No partial ceus will be awarded.
$1295. per participant
$1145. for non profit workers and graduate students
Please register early and arrive before the scheduled start time. Space is limited. Registrants canceling up to 72 hours before the workshop will receive a tuition refund less a $50.00 administrative fee. No refund for less than 72 hours cancellation. A $30.00 service charge applies to each returned check. All trainings by Carrie Ann Carr, MA, LCPC are held in facilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. If special accommodations are required, please notify Carrie Ann Carr, MA, LCPC 72 hours in advance. Note: temperatures in meeting rooms are variable, please dress in layers.
For more information or to register, visit www.hopeenrichmentcenter.com