September 27-29, 2016 (Part 2) Only
This training is for those who have taken Part 1 from a different trainer. This EMDR Training is limited to 10 participants. The time-frames for all days is 8:30am to 4:30pm EST.
5 hours of consultation with group following the training is required. Participants must attend all Training Days in entirety, plus all consultation times, to receive the EMDR Training Certificate.
Things to consider:
· This is a training on how to do EMDR Therapy
· It will challenge you in your previous education on how to do therapy because it takes a different approach
· Although there is more research on use of EMDR than any other psychotherapy, we really don't know how it, or any other psychotherapy approaches work
· EMDR gets at the root or source of the cause of maladaptive behaviors quickly and provides internal healing with minimal therapist involvement
· Literally thousands of therapists from all over the world are using EMDR Therapy with great success
· You do have to trust the process as you begin to use EMDR
· You will feel more secure in using EMDR the more you use it and seek consultation following the training
· It is highly recommended to join EMDRIA which provides any support systems to engage in case consultations as part of your member benefit
· Be open to participating in the practicum experiences provided during the training as they will give you the best understanding of what you have learned
Notice of Disclosure: All participants will be asked to participate in practicum exercises that may be potentially upsetting to you throughout the training. This means you will be working on personal issues choosing targets that are appropriate for the setting. This allows 3 important things:
· Personal experience using EMDR under real conditions
· Clinical support during practicums to better understand each section being taught and feel more prepared to use it with clients
· Personal work on unresolved issues with colleagues in a safe learning environment
However, this is not the environment to treat your own unresolved major traumas. Terry will demonstrate with individual attendees throughout the 6 days. All participants will be paired to practice newly learned material. This demands confidentiality from all participants.
To register or for more information please contact Terry Becker-Fritz, firstname.lastname@example.org