|EMDRIA Governance Documents|
Board of Directors | Policy Governance
EMDR International Association’s bylaws give the Board of Directors responsibility for the overall management of the Association. The Directors are elected by the members of the Association. The Board governs according to the Policy Governance Model developed by John Carver. Carver explains:
The model enables the board to focus on the larger issues, to delegate with clarity, to control management's job without meddling, to rigorously evaluate the accomplishment of the organization; to truly lead its organization.
The Board’s responsibilities:
• Define expected goals clearly
• Define clear roles & boundaries
• Define governance process
• Demonstrate integrity to its own policies
The Board’s job products:
• Linkage to the Ownership (members and other stakeholders)
• Specific and clear governing policies
• Assure successful Executive Director performance
For a more information on the Policy Governance Model, click here.
EMDRIA Board Approved Policies
EMDRIA Board Meeting Minutes