CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
2017 EMDRIA Conference
EMDR Therapy: New Frontiers
August 24-27, 2017 | Hyatt Regency Bellevue | Bellevue, WA
Deadline for Submissions: January 9, 2017
Click HERE to download a PDF version of the instructions.
It’s that time again and time is short! Don’t miss the chance to present at the next EMDRIA Conference!
You are invited to apply to present at the 2017 EMDR International Association Conference. Material should be relevant to the EMDR field and be an original contribution. Members and non-members of EMDRIA are invited to submit. Share your best practices and new techniques with other therapists in the industry, helping them to understand the new research and clinical practices in EMDR and how to help treat all types of trauma.
We have an entirely new process for submissions this year, hoping to make it more efficient for the applicant, so please be sure to READ EVERYTHING, as types of presentations have changed, as well as the instructions AND requirements. We hope you find the process much easier to navigate.
Descriptions of the four different presentation types are listed below. You’ll need to choose the ONE that best fits your presentation.
- Integrative: This presentation “integrates” elements of other psychotherapies or interventions (e.g. Ego State Therapy, Internal Family Systems) with standard EMDR therapy. The presentation demonstrates how the additional therapy or intervention potentially enhances or improves the application of EMDR, refers to how it fits within the AIP Model, and how the two interventions may be blended with the existing phases of EMDR therapy. The rationale for the expectation of improved outcomes based on the needs of a specific population should be described. Integrative programs may be 90 minutes, 3 hours, or 4.5 hours in length.
- Innovative: This presentation includes modifications to the standard EMDRIA Definition of EMDR and shows promise for improving outcomes, understanding of the model, or of the underlying mechanism. For the purposes of the EMDRIA Conference, an Innovative presentation is considered an alternative procedure, protocol or explanation that deviates from the standard EMDR method and model. The innovation seeks to expand, strengthen, and/or explain the already successful method and/or model. Support must be provided for the suggested changes. Click here to review Innovative Submission Guidelines for first time and/or subsequent Innovative submissions. Innovative programs will be organized into a 90-minute format to include presentation of the material and a discussion led by an expert on the subject matter. Approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes will be allocated for the presenter and 20 minutes for the discussant.
- Research Paper (oral): The research paper session will be held in symposium format with 15 to 30 minutes per presentation. (Maximum amount of time allowed is 30 minutes.)
Before starting the online process, please review the checklist of items you’ll need to have ready to upload into the system, depending on which type of presentation you choose (Standard, Integrative, Innovative, or Research Paper).
- Click HERE to review the check list for the STANDARD APPLICATION.
- Click HERE to review the check list for the INTEGRATIVE APPLICATION.
- Click HERE to review the check list for the INNOVATIVE APPLICATION.
- Click HERE to review the check list for the RESEARCH PAPER APPLICATION.
The new software we’re utilizing, called CATALYST, enables you save your work as you go, in case you aren’t able to complete your submission all at one time. This way you don’t lose what you've already done and can return to the form any time.
- Click on the link below to create a submission.
- You will create an account.
- An email will be sent to you.
- Click on the turquoise button in your email labeled, “Create Submission.”
*A turquoise box will pop up at the top of your screen indicating you have created a submission.
- Follow the prompts and complete all the required fields on every tab (Introduction / Category & Topic / Presentation / Presenters / Agreement).
- Click “Save,” on the bottom right of your screen after you complete each tab.
- Click on the “Publish” button on the bottom right of your screen when you are ready to finalize your submission.
- Click HERE for a PDF that will provide additional visual instructions/assistance in creating your submission within the new software system.
Deadline for Submissions: January 9, 2017
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.