Basic EMDR Trainings | How to Apply
EMDRIA is now accepting Basic Training materials for review.
Make sure that prior to submitting your curriculum and supporting materials, you review and complete the application form which can be accessed through the link on the left hand side of the page. Additional forms and templates are also provided for applicants.
- EMDRIA's Basic Training Curriculum requirements become effective as of August 15, 2007. All currently approved Basic EMDR Trainings must be submitted for review by August 15th in order to continue as an approved training.
- The curriculum requires the teaching of the Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) model. Trainers have the option to teach other models in addition to, but not in place of, the AIP model. Teaching the AIP model is and will be a continued requirement.
- The curriculum offers trainers the option to teach the application of EMDR to specialty populations (see pg 7 of the curriculum). Innovative uses of EMDR not identified in the curriculum requirements cannot be presented during the Basic Training, but can be presented in post-basic training workshops and conferences.
- The curriculum requires trainers to provide hard copy handouts of EMDRIA's Definition of EMDR to training participants. Trainers are not required to provide hard copies of current research bibliography or Approved Consultants - instead they may refer training participants to the EMDRIA website for this information.
- EMDRIA recommends that those who are currently offering approved Basic Trainings in two parts contact their trainees who are only partially trained and suggest that they complete the training prior to December 31, 2007. Those trainees who have not completed the full Basic Training by December 31st will be held to the new training curriculum requirements.
- All Basic Training materials submitted after January 1, 2009 must be provided to EMDRIA in an electronic format and a paper copy must be provided to the EMDRIA offices.
Basic Training Providers