EMDR Therapy training is best obtained through programs certified by the regional EMDR association in your area. The internationally standardized trainings consist of lecture, consultation and supervised small-group practice. To access an evaluated and certified training in your country, contact the organizations below.
North and South America
- EMDR International Association: http://www.emdria.org
Lists qualified EMDR therapy training providers throughout the U.S.
- Trauma Recovery/EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Programs: http://www.emdrhap.org
U.S. based organization providing low-cost trainings for domestic non-profit organizations and pro bono training and treatment after natural and man made disasters domestically and internationally.
- The Soldier Center: http://www.soldier-center.org
EMDR therapy basic trainings focused on military and veteran issues are provided on-site, and as well as contracted with VA/military organizations throughout the U.S.
- EMDR Iberoamerica (website links to 18 national associations): http://www.emdriberoamerica.org
Mexican Association for Mental Health Support in Crisis also coordinates pro bono EMDR training and treatment after disasters throughout Iberoamerica.
- EMDR Europe (website links to 24 national associations): http://www.emdr-europe.org
National associations also provide pro bono training and treatment after domestic disasters. EMDR Europe Humanitarian Assistance Programmes provides pro bono training and treatment after international disasters.
- EMDR Asia (website links to 12 organizations): http://www.emdrasia-assoc.org
National associations help coordinate pro bono training and treatment after disasters.