Proposal reviewers play a vital role in supporting EMDRIA and the Conference by elevating the quality of the presentations and increasing opportunities for the diversity of topics and presenters.
- Supporting the activities of your area of interest
- Helping your career development by placing this important duty on your CV
- Opportunities for networking with other reviewers and leaders in the EMDR field
- EMDRIA will recognize your contribution by listing you on the conference website
Please review: Guidelines, Ethics, and Responsibilities of the Proposal Reviewers EMDRIA Conference 2022 before applying to this volunteer opportunity.
Overview of the Review Process
Multiple reviewers review each proposal using the same criteria and scoring system that EMDRIA will provide.
There are three categories for review—Standard (includes Integrative), Innovative, and Research Papers. Reviewers will be assigned to review proposals for any or all of these categories. In the application, we ask reviewers to identify any preference, in case we can accommodate.
- Reviewers will receive orientation and training about the process for review, expectations, and timelines for completion.
- Reviewers’ comments are encouraged and particularly valuable to ensure the excellence of the presentations.
- After scoring and commenting on the proposal, each reviewer will provide a final recommendation: Recommend, Do Not Recommend, Inconclusive.
- A final decision of the acceptance of a presentation is based on the combined assessment of the reviewers, as well as space available in the conference program.
- Deadline for Applications for Proposal Reviewers: February 10th
- Orientation/Training for Reviewers – Specific date/time to be determined, but should be scheduled sometime between February 23rd and March 4th - We strongly recommend reviewers to attend live, but will have the recording of the Orientation/Training available for those who are not able to attend live.
- Assignments Sent to Reviewers – Week of February 28th or March 7th
- Deadline for Submitting Reviews to EMDRIA – March 28th
- Conference Dates: September 10/11 and September 17/18