Anyone can experience intense trauma. EMDR is widely considered one of the best treatments for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
EMDR therapy is listed as a treatment for PTSD and other trauma and stressor disorders by the following organizations. These treatment guidelines are based on reviews that evaluate research of established evidence-based mental health treatments.
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies (2018)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (2018)
- American Psychological Association (2017)
- Department of Veterans Affairs & Department of Defense (2017)
- The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (2013)
- Phoenix Australia – Centre for Posttraumatic Mental Health (2013)
- World Health Organization (2013)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services America (2012)
- American Psychiatric Association (2004)
Research has shown that EMDR can be an efficient and rapid treatment. EMDR is also found effective by:
- United Kingdom Department of Health
- Dutch National Steering Committee for Health Care
- Israeli National Council for Mental Health
- Many other international health and governmental agencies