The EMDR International Association is a membership organization that collects information including mailing and email addresses, phone numbers, demographic and professional information, and certain member preferences in order to provide resources to its members and to differentiate between them. Members also have the option to provide information for inclusion in our public Find a Therapist online directory.
EMDRIA is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of its websites. The privacy policies outlined below disclose the privacy practices for all websites owned or controlled by EMDRIA. By using these websites, you agree that you understand, accept, and agree to these policies.
Collection of Personal Information
As a visitor to this site, you can engage in many activities without providing any personal information. If you register as an EMDRIA member or sign in to access membership benefits or your EMDRIA member profile, the site may ask you to provide personal information, such as your first and last name, mailing address (including postal code), country of residence, email address, employer, title, credentials, telephone number, and other personal and professional information. When participating in electronic commerce via the site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending upon the activity, some of the information that is asked of you may be mandatory and some may be voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data or delete information previously provided with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
When someone visits this site, standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns are collected. This is done to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is collected in a manner in which it does not identify anyone. No attempts are made to find out the identities of those visiting this site. No data gathered from this site is associated to/with any personally identifying information from any source. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Google Analytics cookies are used on this site. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use this site so we can make improvements to functionality and content. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors come to the site from, browsing patterns on this site, and the pages they visited.
How We Use Your Personal and Professional Information
EMDRIA collects your personal information in order to record, support, and facilitate your participation on this site as well as to track your website preferences and keep you informed within the community unless you have opted not to receive such communications or such communications are prohibited by law.
Personal Information is used primarily for the following purposes:
- To verify requirements have been met for membership
- To deliver services such as news, educational programs, services, or information as it relates to EMDR or EMDRIA to members
- To allow access to limited-entry areas of the site
- To process or relay the status of product orders
- To determine the make-up of EMDRIA membership in accordance with our commitment to Diversity and Cultural Competence
- To request feedback about EMDRIA products and services
Directory Information is used to provide a public online directory of EMDR therapists based on the following conditions:
- Information is provided voluntarily by members
- Address information is validated via the site through the USPS using Melissa Data (Radius Search version only)
- Privacy settings for address information fields are set to public (Radius Search version only)
Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Settings
You have the right to access and update your personal information and privacy preferences at any time. With respect to Profile Information, this may be accomplished by accessing your member profile at “Edit My Member Profile“, where you can view and edit your personal and professional information as well as set privacy settings for individual profile fields at any time. You may also do so by emailing EMDRIA at email@example.com.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to EMDRIA is done at your own risk. However, EMDRIA uses software and vendors that utilize security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its members and their information.
EMDRIA Website Vendors
- The EMDRIA website and member database is provided by Impexium.
Third-Party Web Sites
The EMDRIA website contains links to third-party websites. Although EMDRIA strives to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
Credit Card Information
Credit card information is transmitted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption. Member and purchaser information is a high priority and we use our own protective measures, as well as the capabilities of our software and hardware vendors.
Disclosing of Information to Third Parties
- To confirm Membership, Certification, Approved Consultant, Regional Coordinator, EMDRIA Training Provider, or EMDRIA Credit Provider Status
- Email addresses to EMDRIA Credit Providers for promotional communications regarding their EMDRIA credit programs only and Approved Consultants for promotional communications regarding their consulting services. These emails are only sent to members who have selected “Yes” for the Commercial Mailings preference on the member profile. Click here for additional information regarding commercial mailings. EMDRIA does not sell or rent email or mailing addresses to any other outside entities.
- EMDRIA reserves the right to disclose information where required by law or to comply with valid legal process (such as search warrant, subpoena, or court order), to protect EMDRIA’s rights or property, including without limitation in the event of transfer of control of EMDRIA or substantially all of its assets, or during emergencies when safety is at risk.
EMDRIA’s websites are intended for adults. EMDRIA does not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
- EU EMDRIA members will not be included in any marketing campaigns conducted by EMDRIA, third parties, or through automation unless they explicitly opt-in to receive these communications.
- EU EMDRIA members have the right to be forgotten and may email EMDRIA at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that their information be permanently removed from our member database.
Privacy Concern / Contact Us