Approved for 6 EMDRIA Credits
- Describe 2 ways that the EMDR protocol can be flexibly integrated into a non-directive or child-centered play therapy session.
- Explain 2 ways that post-traumatic play can be supported and understood through the Adaptive Information Processing model which is the basis for EMDR therapy.
- Apply 3 essential considerations in integrating EMDR into a play therapy setting to a case example, which include: developing the safe alliance & holding space for post-traumatic play using a child centered play approach; assessing the trauma target in the play.
- Apply 3 principles of the Gestalt play therapy model to an extended case example of a child with complex trauma.
- Apply 2 Gestalt play therapy techniques to recognize and distinguish emotional self-states and the special features that are common in dissociative children.
- Utilize 3 prescriptive play therapy activities for grounding and stabilizing children and decreasing dissociative episodes in and out of the play room.
Presenter: Annie Monaco & Ann Beckley-Forest