This event has passed. You can no longer register for this event.
There will be a separate Trainer & Consultant Day before the EMDRIA Conference on Thursday, August 24, 2023. If you plan to attend, please include the dates necessary when making your hotel reservation. This event is separate from the conference and requires a separate registration and fee. More information will be posted here and emailed in the coming weeks.
To quickly register for the Consultant Day and Trainer Day events, click "register now," then filter by "Day Events" on the registration page. You can add one or both events to your cart and check out.
Registration Fee? $50 Trainer Day Session and $50 Consultant Day Session
Who is invited to participate? Trainers, Approved Consultants, and Consultants-in-Training
When? Thursday, August 24, 2023 (the day before the EMDRIA Conference)
Trainer Day Session: 9 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Consultant Day Session: 1:30 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
CEs/EMDRIA CEs? Yes. Expand (+) the section below for more information.
Trainer Day Session
For EMDR Trainers
3 CEs/EMDRIA CEs
9 A.M. – 9:05 A.M.
9:05 A.M. – 10:15 A.M.
Making EMDR Training an Inclusive and Inviting Learning Experience
10:15 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
10:30 A.M. – 12 P.M.
Dilemmas and Challenges for EMDR Trainers
12 P.M. – 1:30 P.M.
Lunch (on your own)
- Participants will be able to identify the importance and benefits of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access during EMDR Training.
- Participants will be able to identify practical strategies for making EMDR Training an inclusive and inviting experience
- Participants will be able to discuss possible dilemmas and challenges for EMDR trainers
Consultant Day Session
For EMDR Consultants and EMDR Consultants-in-Training
3 CEs/EMDRIA CEs
1:30 P.M. – 2:45 P.M.
Enhancing EMDR Consultation with IDEA principles and strategies
2:45 P.M. – 3 P.M.
3 P.M. – 4:25 P.M.
Dilemmas and Challenges for Consultants
4:25 P.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Closing and Wrap Up
- Participants will be able to identify the importance and benefits of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access during EMDR Consultation.
- Participants will be able to identify ways to enhance EMDR consultation through IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access) principles and strategies
- Participants will be able to discuss possible dilemmas and challenges for EMDR Consultants and Consultant-in-Training.