As an EMDRIA Approved Consultant in EMDR, you have committed to continuing your education in the field of EMDR by participating in 12 EMDRIA Credit hours every two years. EMDRIA administers an audit process which allows us to ensure that requirements are consistently being met each cycle without requiring everyone to submit EMDRIA Credit documentation for each renewal.
Starting three months prior to your expiration, we reach out to you directly via email with instructions to renew your EMDRIA Approved Consultant status. You will be alerted at that time whether your renewal was selected in the audit. Then you will be prompted to complete an online Certification Declaration Form and pay. We also send a mailed reminder notice one month prior to your expiration with similar instructions.
***Note: You may wish to keep your email and mailing address up to date in your EMDRIA profile so that we have the correct contact information for your reminder notices.***
Do you need EMDRIA Credits?
If you are in need of EMDRIA Credits, the Education tab on our website lists all of the current continuing education options that have been reviewed and approved by EMDRIA.
There are three options listed:
- EMDRIA OnDemand recorded workshops
- Upcoming live workshops at our Calendar of Events
- Distance Learning options
Approved Consultant Renewal Fee
If you are a Full Member of EMDRIA | $200.00 US Dollars
Non-EMDRIA Member | $400.00 US Dollars
- Note: NonMembers do not appear in EMDRIA’s Find a Therapist directory.
Is your Approved Consultant status expired?
***Keep in mind that if your status is expired, any consultation hours you provide may not be used toward a consultee’s EMDR Certification or Approved Consultant application!***
If your EMDRIA Approved Consultant credential expires, EMDRIA may offer you a grace period of 3 months. After 3 months, our system marks your credential status as expired.
If your credential has been expired for 3 months to 1 year, you will be expected to pay a reinstatement fee, but you will not have your credentialing anniversary dates adjusted. If your credential has been expired for 1 year to 5 years, you will be expected to pay a reinstatement fee, and you will have your credentialing anniversary dates adjusted.
Please allow 3 weeks for processing once reinstatement materials have been received. Please only send submissions to the office one time by one method (scan, fax OR mail). To reinstate your EMDR Certification status, please submit the following to the EMDRIA Office:
- Approved Consultant Reinstatement Form (click here to download or print)
- Certificate(s) of completion for 12 hours of EMDRIA Credits (continuing education in EMDR) completed within the past two years
- Payment ($275 for EMDRIA Members, $475 for NonMembers)
If your Approved Consultant status has been expired for more than 5 years, you will be expected to:
- First, submit the Abbreviated Application for EMDRIA Certification in EMDR. Obtain this form by contacting the EMDRIA office at email@example.com.
- Second, once we have approved the Abbreviated Application for EMDRIA Certification in EMDR, you may reapply for Approved Consultant status in entirety. View the Approved Consultant application criteria and form here.
SEND PAPER SUBMISSIONS VIA SCAN, FAX OR MAIL TO:
EMDR International Association
7000 N MoPac Expressway, Ste 200
Austin, TX 78731-3013