Uncertainty and unpredictability are not new to the human race. Maybe it’s social media. Maybe it was the COVID-19 pandemic. Maybe it’s the 24-hour news cycle, or likely a combination, but our overall mental health seems more battered than ever as a society. What defines “staying centered”? How can EMDR therapists take care of themselves? How can clinicians best care for clients and patients seeking EMDR therapy? Does positive psychology play any role in improving mental health? Learn more about animal-assisted therapy and how it can help. Read about a successful program that helps veterans with PTSD. Find out what perinatal patients need and how you can help inside this issue.
In this Issue
- Is There Still Steam in the Pressure Cooker: What Needs to Happen Now? By Deany Laliotis
- Staying Centered in an Uncentered World: Lessons Learned from Perinatal Mental Health By Mara Tesler Stein, Psy.D., PMH-C
- Eight Phases. Three Prongs. Four Legs. By Sarah Jenkins, MC, LPC, CPsychol
- Perspective in a Disorienting World By Rebecca Kase, LCSW
- Building a national EMDR Treatment Program to Treat Veteran PTSD By Carol J. Weiss, M.D., Gerard Ilaria, LCSW, Jillian Tucker, DSW, LCSW, andAnn Breeder, M.D.
- Using Your Values and Sense of Engagement and Accomplishment to Keep You Centered and Balanced in an Uncertain World By Candida Condor, Psy.D.
Got an Idea?
If you have an idea for a topic or would like to submit an article for the magazine, please email the Editor with your interest at email@example.com.
Issue: Fall 2022
Log in to your EMDRIA member account to see the Look Inside button here that will allow you to access the entire issue. Not a member? Join here.
Want to Advertise?
If you want to advertise in Go With That magazine, please review our Media Kit.
If you want to explore more content on how you can use EMDR therapy with other mental health conditions, please visit other issues of Go With That magazine.