This video quickly outlines the differences between being EMDR Trained and EMDR Certified. EMDR Certified is an advanced credential.
EMDR Trained vs. EMDR Certification
EMDR Training vs. EMDR Certification
Did you know there’s a difference between EMDR Training and EMDR Certification? If not, no worries! We’re here to break down the differences between the two offerings.
Completing an EMDR Training is the first step in a clinician’s journey in EMDR therapy.
An EMDR Basic Training equips trainees with the knowledge and skills to use EMDR therapy, providing at least 50 hours of content through lecture, practicum, and consultation.
Once you have completed an EMDR basic training, in its entirety, you can tell people you are EMDR Trained.
If you’re looking to grow and enhance your overall skills and knowledge as an EMDR therapist, you might consider EMDR Certification.
EMDRIA offers a certification in EMDR where the clinician has opted to meet standards of excellence in the field of EMDR therapy, measured by consultation, clinical practice, and continuing education
The clinician will need to:
- Complete all requirements
- Submit the online application, &
- Have their application approved
Once your EMDR Certification application is approved, you can tell people you are EMDR Certified
- Is the first step in EMDR therapy
- Requires a minimum of 50 hours of content through lecture, practicum, and consultation
- Once you complete the entire training, you are considered EMDR Trained
- Is an advanced credential offered through EMDRIA
- Requires additional consultation, clinical practice, and continuing education
- Once your application is approved, you are considered EMDR Certified
1 minute 30 seconds
EMDR International Association
Copyright © 2023 EMDR International Association
EMDR International Association. (2023). EMDR Trained vs. EMDR Certified [Video].
EMDR Therapists, Other Mental Health Professionals